Administrative Office Assistant
Phone: (503) 869-4869 | E-mail: Michelle.Ries1@gmail.com | linkedin.com/in/michelleries
Summary of Qualifications
A highly experienced and accomplished Administrative Professional with organizational leadership and interpersonal skills. A trusted partner to senior management prioritizing projects, budget forecasting, training & development, and implementing administrative policies and best practices.
Team Leadership and Motivation • Policy Administration • Budgetary Management • Office Management
• Customer Service Lead • Process Improvement • Project Management
• Training and Development
Organizational Effectiveness Training Coordinator September 2014 – September 2015
- Administrator of ESCO’s education grant compliance and recipient monitoring process; including calculating grant cost allocations, set-up and maintaining grant budgets, writing and submitting quarterly reports on grant activities and participants.
- Administrator of ESCO’s Tuition Reimbursement Program; including application and reimbursement processing, work with and provide guidance to employees, maintain forms and SharePoint page, track tuition activity and generate monthly reports.
- Proactively organize, administer and schedule multiple training events simultaneously; including instructor-led classroom and online training, scheduled events and other activities facilitated by members of the Organizational Effectiveness Team. Activities included LMS (Learning Management System) course and session set-up using Cornerstone, maintaining training calendar, coordinating enrollments, tracking attendance, booking trainers and venues, room set-up, printing or requesting printed instructor/classroom materials, preparing supplies and ordering catering.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly training tracking reports; including Cornerstone, NWHPEC, Corpedia, and Lynda.com employee training.
- Design and administer employee feedback (Pulse/GPTW) survey, administer results and report out to Senior Leadership Team bi-annually.
- Proactively initiate continuous improvement activities, modify administrative best practices to enhance customer experience, efficiency and quality (QVS).
- Ensure readiness of materials used for training, events and meetings. Maintain minimum on-hand supplies of meeting and training materials for the Organizational Effectiveness department. Coordinate publication, translation, and distribution of training materials, facilitator/participant guides, handouts, course evaluations, visual aids and posters.
- Administer VOICES 360 assessments, generate surveys, and prepare reports.
- Ensure learning is prescribed to the right employees and troubleshoot issues by providing direct customer service to employees.
- Maintain department budget records, including processing invoices, tracking expenses and producing scheduled reports.
- Maintain media resource library, respond to requests for books, ship resources, track inventory, and maintain related SharePoint library pages and lists.
Executive Assistant to the Director June 2010 – November 2013
Oregon Convention Center (A Service of Metro)
- Manage 11 direct reports, including hiring, training, supervision of work, semi-annual evaluations, rewards and discipline, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Implement work plans, assign projects, and evaluate work methods and procedures for Receptionist Team.
- Make decisions pertaining to general policies beyond the scope of authority of department heads and recommend new policies when necessary.
- Ensure appropriate service and staffing levels and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of internal reporting relationships.
- Post job openings, receive and screen applicants, select interview panel and interview candidates via phone, teleconference and in-person.
- Assist in the development and management of business and operational goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and implement them through lateral managers.
- Project Manager for building-wide semi-annual employee evaluations for approximately 140 full-time and 60 part-time employees.
- Project Manager for development and administration of building-wide budget, including personal services, fringe and assumptions for 15 departments, including non-represented and multiple union represented employees, and forecast funding for capital projects.
- Review and implement training and staff development programs and events, including continuous education courses and semi-annual staff retreats.
- Assist in implementing and managing initiatives to accomplish goals identified in Strategic Plan.
- Manage and implement policies, procedures, programs and services that support business objectives regarding operational efficiency and revenue generation, while also collaborating and coordinating with agency-wide initiatives.
- Gate-keeper between Executive Director and other Metro executives and elected Metro officials.
- Maintain complex calendar for Executive Director and prepare all travel arrangements.
- Prepare quarterly agenda and PowerPoint presentation for public meetings, take meeting minutes and record action items.
- Prepare weekly Senior Team and Department Head meeting agendas, and participate as a member of the Senior Team in making decisions for the center.
- Vouch invoices, track expenses for profit and loss reports, and prepare forecasting documents.
- Compose and proofread confidential correspondences and documents.
- Manage administration budget, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, and forecasting for each upcoming fiscal years’ strategic planning with a high degree of accuracy.
- Oversee annual budget procedures for remaining 8 department administrative assistants.
- Maintain records for highly visible projects such as the Convention Center Hotel project, annual Plaza Palooza community engagement event, and the Hoyt Street Station Café.
- Assisted other project managers by tracking project timelines and assuring individual contributions were completed to meet deadlines.
- Prepare RFP’s and contracts for building-wide copy machines, postage machines, TriMet pass program, pourage sponsorship, catering, ODOT, and City of Portland.
- Train managers and administrative staff on department records information management (TRIM).
- Manage record audits, databases, policies and procedures for the center.
Office Manager March 1999 – October 2008
Big Sky Landscaping, Inc.
- Manage and train office and sales staff of 15 employees.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 45+ employees, including verifying timesheets, processing payroll taxes and other liabilities such as simple IRA, commission, vacation, holiday and sick time using QuickBooks Pro Contractors Edition.
- Compose and post job openings, receive and screen applicants, and interview candidates.
- Process new hire paperwork, including MVR, drug screen, background check, and the Oregon new hire report.
- Prepare and deliver employee performance evaluations, raises, disciplinary action, and approve hiring and termination of personnel.
- Administer Human Resources policies, company procedures, benefits package, employee conflict resolution, staff development, performance management and improvement plans.
- Employee Benefits Administrator including review of medical, dental and other benefits programs annually with research, RFP’s and selection process.
- Maintain SAIF 801 accident reports, annual SAIF audit report, OSHA and I-9 compliance.
- Renew workers compensation liability, auto insurance policies, and association memberships annually.
- Analyze personnel and equipment requirements to forecast future needs.
- Compose complex and confidential correspondences, internal documents, proposals, and contracts.
- Monitor scope of work to ensure construction deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial reports for President and CPA.
- Generate profit and loss reports for all contracts and work orders.
- Prepare agendas, take meeting minutes and participate in sales & marketing, operations, human resources, and management meetings.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for internal meetings and client presentations.
- Audit accounts payable and receivables in preparation for annual corporate taxes.
- Design and maintain company website.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development, 2011, Warner Pacific College – Summa cum Laude
- Associate of Arts in Organizational Dynamics, Warner Pacific College – with honors
- Dale Carnegie Training, with special honors
- Benefits Management and Compensation CEPE’s at Portland State University, August & December 2015
- Various continuing education and certifications including: Breakthrough Conflict July 2015, The Basics of QVS, Introduction to Lean, Supervisor Boot Camp certificate from Learning Point, Inc., Records Destruction and RIM, Managing at Metro, Managing the Performance of Others, Harassment & Discrimination Awareness, Difficult Conversations for Managers, Constructive Workplace Conflict, Addressing Negativity, Leading Others Through Change, Emotional Intelligence, and Legal & Business Processes.
- American Red Cross: Donor Services and blood drives.
- Multnomah County Outreach Programs: Yard clean-up for disabled homeowners.
- New Hope Community Church: Women’s Ministry class table leader, Annual Retreat leader, Children’s Ministry pre-school group leader, Holiday Marketplace Committee member, and bible study leader/host.