Administrative / Office Manager / Executive Assistant
STEPHANIE ANN MARKLAND
13610 SW Wrightwood Ct, Tigard, OR 97224 318-372-5445 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior office administration, Office management, employee management, client relations, project management, process improvement, A/P, A/R, payroll, data processing and analysis and digital prepress file preparation.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, BCC Mail Manager, etc.
Advanced research (primary and secondary), proofreading, copy-editing, writing and copywriting.
Experienced public speaker, guest lecturer and presenter.
2014-2016: Copywriter & Prepress Technician, Century Marketing Solutions, CenturyLink, Monroe, LA.
- Hand-selected to perform copywriting and copy-editing for Century Marketing Solutions’ website, blog, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Performing preflight and file preparation for digital and machine presses.
- Variable data layout and printing, with software such as Adobe Creative Suite, SmartStream, XMPie and GMC Inspire Designer on PC and Mac, in addition to QLingo and C++ scripting.
- Creating and managing regulatory data, letters, forms and applications fulfillment.
- Coordinating with CSR, Database, Database Marketing and Sales Reps, Creative, Production and Post-Production personnel for troubleshooting, research and problem resolution.
- Advising Lead National Account Representative on pre-production processes and change management areas that require attention.
2001-Present: Freelance Copy-Editor and Educational Coach
- Proofreading and copy-editing documents such as research papers, web copy, presentation materials and book drafts.
- Writing and co-writing articles and copy.
- Tutoring elementary to college students in various disciplines, particularly English Language Arts and Mathematics.
2012-2014: Database Analyst, Century Marketing Solutions, CenturyLink, Monroe, LA.
- Managed multiple client campaigns at once in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Presented and reported data trends, mailing schedules and campaign statuses biweekly.
- Performed variable data processing for mass mail databases and created and maintained databases with BCC Mail Manager for a variety of direct mail pieces.
- Performed data scrubs, presorting, CASS Certification, Delivery Point Verification, Zip+4 encoding and created .dat files for Post Production in accordance with USPS Postal Regulations.
- Coordinated with CSR, Database Marketing, Sales Reps, Prepress, Production and Post-Production personnel, as well as USPS personnel for troubleshooting, research and problem resolution.
2007-2012: Political polling for state and local elections, Market Research Analysts, Monroe, LA.
- Telephone polling of registered voters.
- Studied and generated reports of findings.
- Assisted political candidates and potential candidates in making critical campaign decisions.
2009-2010: Teacher and Small Group Leader for the Morehouse Parish School System, Bastrop, LA.
- Researched and extrapolated data from proprietary databases.
- Created, organized, and led small groups of students, teachers, faculty, and parents.
2008-2009: Graduate Assistant, Department of History, University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA.
- Proofread and copy-edited research papers and professional manuscripts.
- Proctored and graded undergraduate and graduate examinations.
- Hand-selected to present in classrooms, symposia and recruitment activities, in addition to lecturing as needed.
2007-2009: Assistant Office Manager, A.J. Burns, Jr., Appraisal Consultants, West Monroe, LA.
- Produced high volume report writing and copy-editing into various software programs.
- Increased production and output of commercial real estate appraisal reports by 25%.
- Assisted in appraisal fieldwork and primary courthouse research.
1997-2007: Multiple advancing positions, from Administrative Assistant to Executive Assistant and Office Manager to Owner, Messina Real Estate Appraisal Services, Monroe, LA.
- Managed client accounts and relations.
- Managed employees, including interviewing, hiring, training, and dismissal.
- Appraised residential properties, in addition to primary courthouse and tax assessor research.
- Directed business operations and finances.
- Produced high volume report writing and copy-editing into various software programs, increasing report production by 40%.
Masters of Arts in Teaching. Department of Education, University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Masters of Arts in History. Department of History, University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Bachelors in History. University of Louisiana at Monroe. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.