VITALIS OGBEAMA SR. MBA/HCM
3439 NE Sandy Blvd #240 sPortland OR 97232
(503) 997-4812 s email@example.com
HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION/ PROJECT Management
Entrepreneurial, bottom-line driven professional with 15+ years of experience contributing to exceptional patient care and program operations within smooth-functioning medical facilities and non-profit organizations. Process improvement-oriented professional with warm, sincere approach, and exceptional communication skills. Peer-recognized leader driving continuity in delivery and quality of day-to-day operations. Well-rounded background working in different positions of leadership and responsibility; frequently recognized for high degree of project and program management.
Program Operations: New Program Development, Program / Project Management, Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Business Development, Community Outreach, Educational Events, Research and Development, Fundraising, Data Collection / Analysis, Presentations, Legal Affairs, and Contracting.
Human Resources: Staff Management, Scheduling (24/7 coverage), Cost Controls, Productivity Tracking, Recruitment, Training, Policies / Procedures, Performance Reviews, Improvement Plans, Team Building, Benefits Administration, and Compensation.
Fiscal Management: P&L, Budget, Cost Center Management, Forecasting, Accounting Procedures, Financing, Cost Accounting, and Purchasing.
HEALTH CARE / PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
NCOSWA – Oregon & SW Washington
- Preside over the board and executive committee meetings, and further the Organization’s mission, value and culture
- Appoint Committee chairs and serve as ex officio on committees, organize social functions to raise funds and maintain visibility in the community.
- Formulate and develop short and long term strategic plans, communicate and implement the vision, mission and the overall direction.
- Generate and monitor the annual budget of the organization.
Legacy Health Systems – Portland, OR
Health Care Professional / Therapist, 2001–2013
- Volunteered to step into leadership role for Central Council Committee as part of organization-wide shared governance initiative.
- Evaluated department operations, identified root problems, and delivered suggestions for improvements to streamline day-to-day functions.
- Engineered buy-in from all employees towards collaborative problem-solving.
- Exceeded fundraising goal of $2 million as part of team expanding hospital outreach and fundraising efforts for children’s department expansion into new building.
- Represented heath care organization in public schools as outreach contact providing literacy support and leadership.
- Participate in departmental planning and coordination processes; ensures the most effective use of staff, financial and other resources to provide for the most effective delivery of services.
Providence Hospital – Portland, OR
Crisis Intervention Specialist, 1997–2001
- Responded to out in-the-field crisis situations as partner with law enforcement agencies, diffused situations and provided case management triage leadership.
- Determined appropriate referral and placement services to ensure patients received proper care; provided follow up tracking to make sure patient needs were met.
- Detailed out incidents in official reports, providing insights and recommendations on next steps for patients.
Kerr Youth Family Center – Portland, OR
Program & Project Manager, Counselor II, 1999–2001
- Led group counseling teenage parents on responsibilities of parenthood, providing information on resources and also providing guidance on best practices in childcare and parental responsibility.
- Mentored male gang-affiliated youth to model positive behaviors and to provide education on productive behaviors.
Previous employment as Program Manager / Counselor at Janus Youth Programs, Manager at a McDonald’s franchise, Community Organizer at AmeriCorps / Vista Program, and as Program Coordinator with Urban League of Portland.
University of Phoenix – Tigard, OR
Master of Business Administration / Health Care Management
University of Portland – Portland, OR
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Portland Community College – Portland, OR
Associate of Science in Business
Associate of Arts in Social Studies
AFFILATIONS / INVOLVEMENT
President, Nigerian Community in Oregon and South West Washington (2013-Current)
Member, American Society of Public Administration (2009–current)
President, Amiri International Development Union (2015–current)
Vice President, Nzuko Ndi Igbo Association (2008–2013)
Member, Multnomah County Leadership Board (1997–1999)